Basic presentation requirements
- Presentation format: PPT.doc or PPT.docx.
- MAC-compatible presentation.
- Please take steps to compress any videos.
- Each slide should be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance; include only key words and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
Keep to your allotted time
- The total time allotted to each featured speaker is 20 minutes. You should plan to speak for 17 minutes and leave 3 min. for questions.
- Keynote speaker will have, 30 minutes in total, and they should plan to speak for about 25 minutes, leaving 5 min. for questions.
- The time allotted to young researchers is 15 minutes, including 2 min. for questions.
AV Set up
- Basic AV setup will be provided: laser pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, basic sound system.
- If you have any audio/video to be played, they should be checked in with the AV team 24 hours before your presentation.
- Upload your presentation at least 3 days before traveling to the conference venue.
Upload your presentation slides
- It is mandatory to submit the presentation slides at least 3-days prior to the conference start date.
- Use the email address you've provided when submitting your abstract and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your presentation slides (file size should be less than 8 MB).
- You can also email the presentation slides to the designated conference email ID at least 3-days prior to the conference start date.
- All presentations will be pre-checked and loaded into your session room laptop (Mac) in a folder with day 1 or 2, or 3 with presentation timings.
- Bring a copy of your presentation slides in a clean memory stick for backup purposes.
- All the presentations will be permanently deleted at the end of every session.
Considerations for PC Users [create on PC then move to Mac]
- Appropriate extension usage: use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier-version format or saving from an earlier version.
- Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- AVI or MPEG are better choice files for videos or sounds; don't use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best presented on MACS.
- Don't squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs MAC (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get cut off by text boxes.
- Poster will be displayed to one side of a tack board. The recommended poster size is 1 meter x 1 meter.
- A poster board number cut-out will be provided and must be visible at all times. The poster board number assigned to the poster must be placed in the upper left-hand corner of the display.
- Be sure to include the presentation title, author and co-author names, e-mail address, phone, and the institution(s).
- It is recommended that you hand-carry your poster to the conference, using tubular packaging or a portfolio case. Pushpins, or thumbtacks will be provided to mount your poster.
- The designated poster presenter (author or co-author) must be present at the assigned space during the designated time to discuss the work presented.